Tuesday, July 13, 2021

More adventures in cooking

 I went to Rush, NY, to see my Russian friends, Liza and Olga. I thought we were going to be knitting, but they decided we would do some cooking first. So, first we made some pelmeni using Asian dumpling wrappers. I thought they were good, but the chefs said they were too big to be real pelmeni. Anyway, you eat them with butter and sour cream. 



See the tub of sour cream?
Next, they had a simultaneous cooking duet. Little meat pies frying in a pan, and a big sauerkraut pie baking in the oven. Liza made the dough earlier, and they both whipped up these 2 projects.
I don't remember what the little pies are called, but the big cabbage thing is a pirog kapusti.




Next, the cabbage/sauerkraut pie thing.


The two chefs.

It was all tasty! We did do some knitting, later. 
I took home a goody bag of leftovers, cucumbers from the garden, some homemade pickles, and some black currant jam. Here's a selfie of Olga and I. Liza knitted me this little cowl for the winter, in exchange for some socks I gave her. 























No comments:

Post a Comment